I get a lot of questions about what to eat ~ so I’m going to rewrite a similar outline to the one I gave Shanna.
My plan: to build upon it.
This series will take several weeks & in the end you’ll have a weeks worth of full day meals & recipes. I’d love to help you out with your recipes, send them my way & I’ll give you feedback (maybe yours will even get featured).
Remember why we eat: To Fuel Our Bodies.
I think we tend to forget the real reason we eat ~ to survive. What we put in our bodies goes way beyond “looking good” & so much more about “feeling good”. If you feel good from the foods you eat on the inside it will show on the outside.
Healthy & Easy! Sounds good right
Here’s an example outline to help guide you to start:
- Protein: eggs, egg white, protein powder
- Carbohydrate: oatmeal, fruit, veggies
- Fat: avocado, egg yolk, coconut oil
- Fruit & Veggies: all of them ~ preferably organic
- Try 1/2 cup oatmeal w/berries & 1 whole egg
- Protein: Nuts, chicken breast, eggs, beans, protein powder
- Carbohydrates: Fruits, Veggies, Crackers (whole grain or gluten-free)
- Fats: Nuts, Avocado
- Try: 1/8 cup of walnuts & 1 banana
- Protein: Turkey, Chicken, Tuna, Salmon, Nuts, Beans, Legumes (avoid nitrates in lunch meat)
- Carbohydrates: Fruits & Veggies, Corn tortillas, Quinoa, Quinoa Pasta, Rice, Rice Pasta (avoid wheat if possible)
- Fats: Olive Oil, Avocado, Nuts, Cheese
- Try: Spinach salad w/all the veggies you like, 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 3 oz chicken breast
- Try 1 Apple & 1 tbsp Almond Butter
- Protein: Chicken, Beef, Lamb, Fish, Turkey, Eggs, Legumes, Beans
- Carbohydrates: Fruits & Veggies, Quinoa, Quinoa Pasta, Rice, Rice Pasta (avoid wheat as often as possible)
- Fats: Nuts, Avocado, Oils, Cheese
- Try: Fish tacos ~ grilled mahi mahi, corn tortillas, black beans, brown rice, salsa, & a hint of cheese…yummm
- Just because it’s “dinner” doesn’t meant you can’t eat breakfast foods. Sometimes that’s my favorite.
Over the next several weeks I’ll be posting new recipes, snacks, tips to succeed at eating healthy in our fast paced world, & more…to help build a full weeks worth of different ideas!
What’s your favorite recipes? Even if you know they aren’t that healthy I’ll do what I can to help you modify them Please leave them as a comment or email to Erica@Knocked-UpFitness.com
P.S. Use Fitbook to help you keep track of what you are really eating