(forgot to take a picture of her running – next time)
This mornings workout with Shanna I had her warm-up by doing 20 minutes of cardio on her treamill, including 8 minutes of sprints. Here is the sequence I had her do:
20 minutes @ 2.5 incline
- 5 min warm-up @ 3.8 mph
- 3 min light jog @ 4.5 mph
- Sprinting begins: 20 seconds off & 40 seconds sprinting
- rest standing on the side rails for 20 seconds
- Hop back on at 5.0 mph for 40 seconds
- Rest 20 seconds & increase to 5.5 mph
- 6.0 mph 40 sec
- 6.5 mph 40 sec
- 7.0 mph – Shanna made it almost half way through, she hit her threshold & it was time to go back down.
Rest 30-60 seconds to get your breath back, then it’s back to sprinting 40 sec. & 20 sec. rest
- 6.0 mph 40 sec.
- 5.5 mph 40 sec.
- 5.0 mph 40 sec.
Time to cool down to finish out a 20 minute cardio session
- 2 min @ 4.5 mph
- 2 min walking @ 3.5 mph
Stay accountable! I’d love to hear what you have to say about this 20 minute cardio workout & what helps you stay accountable to your workouts.