I get a lot of questions about what to eat ~ so I’m going to rewrite a similar outline to the one I gave Shanna.
My plan: to build upon it.This series will take several weeks & in the end you’ll have a weeks worth of full day meals & recipes. I’d love to help you out with your recipes, send them my way & I’ll give you feedback (maybe yours will even get featured).
Remember why we eat: To Fuel Our Bodies.I think we tend to forget the real reason we eat ~ to survive. What we put in our bodies goes way beyond “looking good” & so much more about “feeling good”. If you feel good from the foods you eat on the inside it will show on the outside.
Healthy & Easy! Sounds good right 🙂
Here’s an example outline to help guide you to start:Breakfast
- Protein: eggs, egg white, protein powder
- Carbohydrate: oatmeal, fruit, veggies
- Fat: avocado, egg yolk, coconut oil
- Fruit & Veggies: all of them ~ preferably organic
- Try 1/2 cup oatmeal w/berries & 1 whole egg
- Protein: Nuts, chicken breast, eggs, beans, protein powder
- Carbohydrates: Fruits, Veggies, Crackers (whole grain or gluten-free)
- Fats: Nuts, Avocado
- Try: 1/8 cup of walnuts & 1 banana
- Protein: Turkey, Chicken, Tuna, Salmon, Nuts, Beans, Legumes (avoid nitrates in lunch meat)
- Carbohydrates: Fruits & Veggies, Corn tortillas, Quinoa, Quinoa Pasta, Rice, Rice Pasta (avoid wheat if possible)
- Fats: Olive Oil, Avocado, Nuts, Cheese
- Try: Spinach salad w/all the veggies you like, 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 3 oz chicken breast
- Try 1 Apple & 1 tbsp Almond Butter
- Protein: Chicken, Beef, Lamb, Fish, Turkey, Eggs, Legumes, Beans
- Carbohydrates: Fruits & Veggies, Quinoa, Quinoa Pasta, Rice, Rice Pasta (avoid wheat as often as possible)
- Fats: Nuts, Avocado, Oils, Cheese
- Try: Fish tacos ~ grilled mahi mahi, corn tortillas, black beans, brown rice, salsa, & a hint of cheese…yummm 🙂
- Just because it’s “dinner” doesn’t meant you can’t eat breakfast foods. Sometimes that’s my favorite.