Don’t you just dread that “time of the month”? I know I do! So I when I heard about Softcup I was excited to try it out, something you can leave in for 12 hours and not have to deal with leakage nor even feel it! Check out the pros of using a Softcup:
- 12 hour period protection
- Can’t be felt while wearing
- Not linked to Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS) and does not cause dryness or irritation
- Can be worn during any activity including sports, swimming and sleeping
- Can be worn during intercourse for mess-free sex on your period
- Available in disposable and reusable versions
- No menstrual odor, as fluid is not exposed to air
- No latex, silicone, phthalates, BPA, PVC or dioxins
- For every box of Softcup you buy, Softcup will donate a reusable cup to a woman or girl in Africa
I love what Softcup stands for and for many women it can be a great alternative to pads and tampons, so it’s worth giving a try! Initially I was stoked it was working, then after trying it a handful of times I had to remove after about 4 hours each time. Maybe it’s because I have such narrow hips that my body isn’t designed for the Softcup, it just felt a little big for me.
That said, I would highly recommend giving it a try if you have an interest in branching out beyond pads and tampons. Look at all those positive reasons that Softcup may be right for you!
When it comes to first trying it out you must be patient, as it can take a couple try’s to get it positioned just so – but once you do, you won’t feel it. How awesome is that! That I can confirm, I couldn’t feel it at all until I would hit that 4-hour mark. It could last you 12 hours before you have to remove and replace.
Join the #iamsoftcup Twitter party on Wednesday 11.19.14 from 5 to 6 p.m. PST
. They will be giving away a $50 promo pack to four winners during that hour.
I received product and compensation from SoftCup for this post, but the opinions are my own.