Strawberry Chicken Spinach Salad
- 3 handfuls of spinach
- 4oz boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 mandarin oranges
- 5 strawberries
- 2 Tbsp. fat free feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar (to taste)
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Marinate chicken – Turn oven on 350 degrees. Place chicken breast in a big Ziploc bag. Pour balsamic vinegar (enough to cover chicken) and Italian seasoning. Zip the bag closed, let it marinate for 30 minutes, over night, or bake immediately…whatever is most convenient for you. Place chicken on a greased baking sheet, or a pryex dish and bake for about 20-25 minutes (oven time will vary). Make sure chicken is not pink when cut through.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and toss. Slice the chicken breast, peel the mandarins, slice the strawberries, toss measure feta cheese, and the walnuts – add to bowl. And enjoy!
* Time Saver: Make extra marinated chicken breasts for later that week! (If so, use more Italian seasoning and vinegar to marinate.)
Also Check Out: