I believe that knowledge is power.
Since college, I’ve always had my nose buried in a book so I can continue to enhance the lives of my pregnant and postpartum clients. I used to spend hours at night losing myself in a prenatal page-turner.
After seeing the information that was out there, I knew I had to create a resource so expecting mamas can have a healthier pregnancy.
I’m happy to report that all of those late nights of reading paid off and I became a published author sharing a step-by-step guide on how to prepare the pregnant body for an easier delivery and faster recovery.
*I was able to make my unique way of training available for moms everywhere!*
Once I finally got my book published, I couldn’t stop.
So I decided to bring my book to life by creating the Knocked-Up Fitness and Wellness online prenatal membership! But like I said, I believe that knowledge is power…so you can still find me today getting lost in the pages of countless pregnancy books.
I could go on and on about the countless pregnancy books I’ve read to better the health of myself and my clients, but if I had to narrow it down, these would be my top ten favorite books for mothers (in alphabetical order):
- The First Forty Days: The Essential Art of Nourishing the New Mother by Heng Ou
- Good Moms Have Scary Thoughts: A Healing Guide to the Secret Fears of New Mothers by Karen Kleiman
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
- The Mama Natural Week-by-Week Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth by Genevieve Howland
- Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy by The Pregnancy Experts at Mayo Clinic
- Overwhelmed: How to Work, Love, and Play When No One Has the Time by Brigid Schulte
- Real Food for Pregnancy: The Science and Wisdom of Optimal Prenatal Nutrition by Lily Nichols
- The Better Baby Book: How to Have a Healthier, Smarter, Happier Baby by Lana Asprey and David Asprey
- The Knocked-Up Fitness and Wellness Guide to Pregnancy by Erica Ziel
- The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind by Daniel J. Siegel
There you have it ladies, my top 10 pregnancy books that every mama needs! What other book recommendations do you have? Send me a message on Instagram and let me know!
*Disclosure: The links provided in this blog are affiliate links, meaning I get a small commission if you so choose to make a purchase. Keep in mind that I ONLY include links to products I’ve personally used and believe in!*