As a prenatal exercise specialist, hundreds of women come to me to help them in decreasing their aches and pains.
*I work with neck pain…hip pain…and that all too common low back pain.*
So, I’m going to share with you 3 exercises to get rid of back pain, sciatica pain and hip pain during pregnancy.
These movements are great for all trimesters and can be done from the comfort of your own home. Okay…grab your soft foam roller and let’s break it down!
- Start with your foam roller up by your tail bone
- Open up across your chest
- Really lengthen tall, using your mid-back muscles
- As you roll, round your spine
- When you come up, be sure to lengthen tall and lift across your chest
- Repeat a couple of times
- Now, start to wiggle back and forth
- Push gently into your foam roller and work up towards your low back, down toward your tail bone
- If you feel some restriction in your fascia, this is great for helping to release those areas
Upper Glute Release
- Place the foam roller at an angle on your hip
- Round your sine and gently push into your upper glute
- Massage it down the hip
- These are really great for opening up those upper glutes and hips
- Place your foam roller off to the side
- If you’re not comfortable being on your back, you can do a standing cat cow with a chair
- Roll down onto your side, then onto your back
- Place your legs out wide with your toes pointed in
- Your knees can lightly touch each other
- Lightly activate your pelvic floor and deep core
- Move into your pelvic tilt
- Squeeze your glutes and hamstrings lightly and roll up one vertebra at a time
- Wrap around those ribs
- Do a few pulses
- Slowly roll down one vertebra at a time
- Do a few more of these
- Roll to your side then come up
So there you have it, mama: 3 exercises to get rid of back pain.
By doing these movements on a daily basis, you will help to keep mobility in your low back, alleviate pain and maintain good posture throughout your pregnancy.
For more pregnancy safe workouts, small group coaching calls and more, join us in our Knocked-Up Fitness® and Wellness Prenatal Membership >>HERE!<<
For more exercises, workouts and pregnancy information, check out my Knocked-Up Fitness® and Wellness Membership.